Effective from 1 June 2018
Thank you for visiting storybrewersroleplaying.com, the online home of Storybrewers Roleplaying. We respect and protect the privacy of all of our wonderful visitors.
This privacy notice will help you understand what information we collect and process using this website, how we use it, and what rights and choices you have about your personal data.
It will notify you of the following:
- How do we collect information from you?
- What information do we collect?
- How do we use personal information?
- Who has access to your information?
- Lawful processing
- Keeping your information safe
- Use of ‘cookies’
- Links to other websites
- Changes to this policy
- Review of this policy
- How to contact us?
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you in the following ways:
Information you give us directly
For example, we may obtain information about you when you take part in a playtesting session with us, purchase roleplaying games and other products from us, register to receive our newsletter, or join a waiting list for playing games with us.
Information you give us indirectly
Your information may be shared with us by third parties, such as:
- Kickstarter, where you have backed our games.
When you visit this website
We, like many companies, automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of device you’re using, the IP address, browser and operating system being used to connect your computer to the internet. This information may be used to improve the services we offer.
- information about your visit to this website, for example we collect information about pages you visit and how you navigate the website, i.e. length of visits to certain pages, products and services you viewed and searched for, referral sources (e.g. how you arrived at our website).
We supplement information with information from publicly available sources such as, public social media accounts, to create a fuller understanding of someone’s interests. We use this information so we can tailor and target our communications in a way that is timely and relevant to you, and improve our marketing efforts.
What information do we collect?
We may collect the following information:
- your name and contact details (including postal address, email address and telephone number);
- information about your activities on our website and about the device used to access it, for instance your IP address and geographical location;
- your purchase history with us; and
- any other personal information shared with us.
We do not ever hold your bank or credit card details. If you make a purchase on our website, your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
Data protection laws recognise certain categories of personal information as sensitive and therefore requiring greater protection, for example information about your health, sexual orientation, ethnicity and religion.
We do not ordinarily collect or store sensitive data about you. If it is ever required, we will make sure we tell you why we are collecting this type of information and what it will be used for.
How do we use personal information?
We use this information to:
- provide you with the services, products or information you asked for.
- process orders that you have submitted;
- carry out our obligations under any contracts entered into between you and us;
- conduct analysis and market research so we can understand how we can improve our services, products or information;
- seek your views or comments on the products and services we provide;
- notify you of changes to our services;
- send you communications which may be of interest to you. These may include information about upcoming Kickstarter campaigns, future game releases, activities and promotions of goods and services, and free materials and resources to help you play the games you’ve purchased (note that you can opt out of these communications at any time by contacting us); and
- process job applications or subcontracting opportunities.
Who has access to your information?
We do not, and will never, sell or rent your information to anyone else.
We will provide your personal information to distributor partners such as fulfilment companies and postal companies for the purpose of providing you with the games you have purchased.
We may provide your email address to MailChimp for the purposes of providing our newsletter, if you have requested this, or for the purposes of providing information about our products and services, or free related material, which may interest you. You can opt out of this at any time by contacting us.
We may provide your email address to social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter for the purposes of providing information about our products and services, or free related material, which may interest you. You can opt out of this at any time by contacting us.
We provide your personal information about your activities on our website and about the device used to access it, to Google Analytics for the purpose of better understanding behaviour and usage of our website.
We process your personal data under the following legal basis:
Where you have provided specific consent to us using your personal information in a certain way, such as to send you email or social media correspondence.
Performance of a Contract
Where we are entering into a contract with you or performing our obligations under it such as when you buy a product from us.
Where it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate interests (as long as what that information is used for is fair and does not duly impact your rights).
We consider our legitimate interests to be growing and running Storybrewers Roleplaying as an independent, commercial roleplaying games publisher and to get the whole world roleplaying!
For example to:
- Send email communications which we think will be of interest to you;
- Conduct research to better understand our customers;
- Enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services / communications for the benefit of our customers; and
- Better understand how people interact with our website, products and games.
When we legitimately process your personal information in this way, we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws. We will not use your personal information where our interests are overridden by the impact on you, for example, where use would be excessively intrusive (unless, for instance, we are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
Keeping your information safe
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that appropriate technical and organisational controls are in place to protect it.
We do not hold credit card data. It is collected by our third party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
We want you to be aware of your rights under data protections laws, which may include:
The right to be informed
All organisations must be completely transparent in how they are using personal data. You can use the information in this notice to inform yourself about how we use your data.
The right of access
You have the right to know exactly what information is held about them and how it is processed. You can request access to all information that we have about you at any time (see ‘How to contact us?’ below)
The right of rectification
You are entitled to have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
The right to erasure
You are entitled to have your personal data deleted or removed without the need for a specific reason as to why you wish to discontinue. We will respect your decisions 100%, no questions asked.
The right to object
In certain circumstances, you may be are entitled to object to your personal data being used. We will stop processing your personal data, where we received an objection from you.
Use of ‘cookies’
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites run by other organisations. This policy applies only to our website‚ so we encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you access them using links from our website.
Changes to this policy
Any changes we may make to this policy in the future will be posted on this website so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. If we make any significant changes we’ll make this clear on this website.
Review of this Policy
We keep this policy under regular review. This policy was last updated in June 2018.
How to contact us?
You can contact us at any time to:
- Request access to information that we have about you
- Correct any information that we have about you
- Delete information that we have about you
If you have any additional questions or concerns about your privacy, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org