USe permissions and attribution
So you want to use Good Society to create your own game?
Now you can, under the moniker “Penned to Good Society” (PtGS).
We grant you permission to use Good Society as a basis for both free and paid works as long as you follow our requirements below. You must follow all these requirements, so please read them carefully.
These requirements are divided into three sections:
- What you are permitted, and are not permitted to use
- Graphics and design
We’d really appreciate it if you contact us if you’re planning to make or have made a game based on Good Society—we’d love to know what you’re doing!
If you use the Good Society system to create your game, you will need to attribute us. To do so, wherever you put your own copyright, add the following text:
This work is based on Good Society (found at storybrewersroleplaying.com/good-society/) a product of Storybrewers Roleplaying, developed and authored by Hayley Gordon and Vee Hendro.
All the text has to be the same size as the rest of your copyright section—that’s one of the license requirements.
That is the only attribution required.
Penned to Good Society
In addition to the above, you can also include the fact that your work is Penned to Good Society.
If you do so, you can make use of the logo below, as long as you also include the following text:
The Penned to Good Society logo is © Storybrewers Roleplaying and is used with permission.
What you are permitted, and are not permitted to use
Provided you follow the requirements on this page, you are permitted to use anything from Good Society, or any of its expansions, provided they are not excepted on this page.
You are not permitted to reproduce or substantially reproduce:
- Any text directly copied from the book of Good Society or any of its expansions. The exception to this is the Collaboration questions, contained on pages 33 to 35 of the Good Society book—these you may copy directly if you wish.
- Any of the play materials used in Good Society or any of its expansions.
- The text or content of any of the desires, relationships, character archetypes, family backgrounds, masked identities or magical factions that are part of Good Society or any of its expansions. However, if you wish to use these in your game, you may refer to them by number or title so long as you don’t reproduce them. For example: “Use desire no. #1 in this playset” or “The College of Wizardry must be in play.”
In addition you are not permitted to:
- Use Good Society to make something which would be prejudicial to the honour or reputation of Storybrewers Roleplaying or the creators of Good Society.
- Imply or state that Storybrewers Roleplaying or the creators of Good Society are endorsing or sponsoring you unless you’ve talked to us first.
- Use the name “Good Society” anywhere in the title of your product.
Graphics and design elements
You are not permitted to use any logos, wordmarks, graphical elements, or artwork from Good Society or any of its expansions, other than of course the Penned to Good Society logo. You are also not permitted to use the Storybrewers Roleplaying logo.
You are not permitted to use the online play document we created for this game, however we have created a variant which we grant you permission to use.
If you use this document, you are required to leave the following text on the intro tab:
This online play document was created from a template provided by Storybrewers Roleplaying. Its usage is governed by the Good Society Use Permissions and Attributions contained here.